Explore Programs

Affordable Housing Glossary

There are common terms used on housing assistance sites, like tenant, landlord, public housing, housing voucher, lease, security deposit, etc. These are the definitions found in Making Home Affordable.

Facts About Housing Vouchers

A very low-income family who has been selected by the HA to participate is encouraged to consider several housing choices to secure the best rental housing for its needs

1st Time Home Buyer Grants

There are several types of grants being offered by the federal government of the United State. One of which is the grant for first time home buyers.

Housing Vouchers

Since housing assistance is provided on behalf of the family or individual, participants are able to find their own housing, including single-family homes, townhouses, and apartments.

How Section 8 Works

People who qualify for Section 8 assistance receive a voucher that pays for about 70 percent of rent and utilities. The renter is then responsible for paying the remaining 30 percent.

Home Energy Assistance Program

This article explains the Home Energy Assistance Program, the benefits it offers, how you can apply, and the documentation you need to submit.

    Housing Resources

    Find what matters most to you...

    Find information on:

    (Select your topics)

    Get Local Assistance Right in Your Area

    Housing Authorities manage other family programs like daycare assistance, family savings plans, job placement assistance, and other local resources.

    FIND RESOURCES